Tuesday, November 2, 2010





The top image is by Kelley Walker, the next two by Elad Lassry, the bottom three by Dieter Roth. I am really interested in all three of these images that I found on the Contemporary art Daily blog. A lot of the art on that blog is really new to me, and it takes me a long time to digest new art enough for me to able to react to it, so I apologize for not having much to say about more contemporary painters. Most of this blog has been about painters that I've been looking at for a while now, or realist paintings that I think I can understand more immediately. This kind of art though, I feel like I need to read a lot about the artist's intentions and think deeply about it before I can form an opinion on the work. These images were striking to me though and I hope to write more about them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment